With vast experience in the global freight forwarding industry, TGI knows that the oil and gas industry is subject to changes, minute to minute. While a project might run over months or years; the weather, demands and goods required fluctuate with man power and speed of execution. Standing out among international freight companies, TGI is uniquely positioned for adaptation, so when a change is required, we are agile in providing a just-in-time solution.
Over the years, managing repeated difficult and consistent loads for our clients, such as heavy pipes, BOPs and oil tools, have been our bread and butter freight services.
Shipping by air, land or sea is what we specialise in, to achieve exceptional levels of freight logistics.
We Plan for Your Project Success
As long term experts in the oil and gas industry we know keep your project on track and can even exceed your expectations.
Research and plan complete door-to-door shipping needs
Regular and charter equipment comparisons
Incorporate manufacturing facility restrictions
Schedule essential equipment for break bulk or out-of-gauge cargo
Match cargo sourcing worldwide with on site construction sequencing
Urgently execute emergency parts delivery
Local community coordination
Minimal duty exposure
Oil and Gas Sector Logistics Case Studies
4 Years of Comprehensive Global Forwarding
Project: Transport and customs clearance contract for the Saipem, Santos GLNG Project.
Origin: China, Italy, USA into Brisbane
Destination: Arcadia Valley, Qld
Accomplished Timeframe: 4 years
- Road trains: 64 per day over 180 days at 8 x 4.5 tonne pipes per load (17.8 tonnes per trailer )
- Dog runners: 30 per day / 4 x 4.5 tonnes of pipe per load
- Air Freighters: 2 x B747F China - Brisbane
- 55 out of gauge loads including 12 × 60 tonne loads over width
- Containers: 400 including 40 ft OT and FR
Other Aspects of Project:
- Customs clearances: 8 per day with average of 30 lines per entry
- Accommodation: 500 huts transported from Brisbane to various locations in Arcadia Valley, Qld
- Airfreight: 500 tonnes, China, Italy, USA into Brisbane
- Freight tonnes: 100,000 freight tonnes
- Safety Records: 0 accidents, 0 fatalities, 0 fines
- Kilometres driven: 9.6 million kilometres
- People involved: 120 over 4 years
Need to contract your timeline?
From Failure to Expedited Success
At its peak the project was running 64 road trains and carrying around 600 pipes per day between the main stockpile at Port Alma to the various Right of Ways along the pipeline.
In the initial tender, we were not successful, but we were approached to rectify an under-performing global forwarder. Over the following 4 year lifespan of the project, TGI met the client’s demanding freight transportation expectations. In fact, TGI successfully expedited the project three months ahead of schedule with accurate planning and management of the approximately 52,000 lengths of pipe from laydown to stockpiles.
We then handled stockpile to right of way delivery, seeing the pipes safely to their final resting place fit for installation. That pipeline now transports gas from the north western gas fields across 560km from the Arcadia Valley QLD to the gas processing facility in Curtis Island, Gladstone QLD.
We thrive on managing massive global projects for the oil and gas industry.